- Monitoring of the main parameters of devices
- Online display of the devices accidents in text and graphic form
- Grouping of subscriber terminals to manage and update multiple devices at the same time
- Automatic registration of devices
Automatic Configuration Server (ACS) is designed to automate and ease the configuration of customers premises equipment (CPE) using a protocol described in the standard TR-069, and allows the operator to centrally manage client equipment through a global network. This standard defines a mechanism which makes a safe automatic configuring of CPE and combines CPE management functions into a single system.
A unified approach to managing
Features laid down in the TR-069 Protocol allow the use of a common approach to the management of all user devices that are installed on the operator's network. Eltex.ACS server can be connected to a variety of user devices produced by Eltex. It is also possible to connect third-party devices which fully support TR-069 specifications and have been tested for compatibility.
Eltex.ACS complex allows you to create two configuration models of subscriber units: - only general parameters of subscriber units are configured using ACS; while private user data, such as phone numbers, PPP, SIP passwords and so on are set up by users themselves on their own devices through the WEB-interface. - a complete configuration of subscriber units is made using ACS, including all options to provide services.
Integration with OSS
ACS server can be managed via NorthBound, which allows full interaction with the OSS. This provides for possibility to adjust all elements of the network and connect a new subscriber within a very short period of time with a minimum of engineering resources consumed.
Benefits of Eltex.ACS
- Option of preliminary assignment of a device to a subscriber, assignment on request
- Management of VoIP-gateways hidden behind the router
- Flexible integration with any CPE, supporting a TR-069 protocol
- Automatic detection of new devices (zero-touch configuration)
- Flexible hierarchical system of profiles and services allows you to create rich configurations based on different criteria of CPE grouping
- Additional layer of abstraction of a subscriber from the device facilitates the setting of individual parameters and allows you to change the subscriber equipment (for similar equipment) without additional configuration services
- Automation of network monitoring, failures tracking, updating the firmware
- Connecting more than 100 thousand devices per server
- Integration with the control system via Eltex.EMS station equipment within a single graphical user interface
- HTTPS protocol
- Scripting support (the ability of the operator to independently create any script of the ACS server work with the CPE)
Ease of use
Reduced dependence on the services of the "installers", activation and reconfiguration of services of any network devices that support TR-069 from a single ACS server
- When adding the device into the operator's network a CPE will automatically appear in the server configuration
- Service profiles and private user data are set up from the operator's PC or at the time of emergence on the server, or in advance by the serial number of the device
- The server can work with any device supporting TR-069. Management and monitoring of different types of devices is performed by switching between classes in a single GUI window
Solving the problem of the SIP "passwords spills" as well as disclosure of other confidential information
- All private user data are configured by the operator on the Eltex.ACS server and are not transmitted to the subscriber, which eliminates the problem of "spilling"
Ability to remotely test the connection by using the ping command from the subscriber device to any specific host of WAN or LAN network
Collection of statistical data for analysis
The ability to monitor the current status of services, interfaces, ports counters, and so on.
Backup of user configuration
- Option of a centralized backup of current settings of network devices to the ACS server (or any other server within the network) with the possibility of their recovery in the future, such as after the device is reset to factory configuration
Centralized firmware update
- by groups via the configured filters
- by schedule
- in safe mode (only when booting the device)
Integration of the system into existing network infrastructure
To fully integrate Eltex.ACS into current network infrastructure it is necessary to supplement responses of the DHCP server EMS with an option 43 in which an ACS address will be indicated to connect devices to the server. This have already successfully been done in the Novosibirsk branch of Rostelecom
Easy and intuitive GUI